Tuesday, December 12

Choking on Words

I wish I could talk. I want to say it so bad, but not even the slightest sound will exit my mouth. The lump in my throat grows, as I sit there unsure of what I even want to say. Tears begin to fill up my eyes. My lack of words makes me angry. My emotions begin to run hay-wire. Then, as I would least expect, you put your arms around me. When I don't deserve it, you tell me that you're proud. You whisper into my ear that none of this is my fault. And it is at this time that the aching lump in my throat stops throbbing, the tears in my eyes moisten my face, and my knees begin to shake. Now as I lay here, trying to rest my worn body, one word rings endlessly in my mind. Freedom. As I inhale deeply, glad the day is through, this phrase puts my mind at ease. "He who the son sets free, is free indeed"

1 comment:

Amy said...

Mandy,
You are such an amazing girl! I miss you every week at Calstumi! I started working on a few pages of my scrapbook from our Jamaica trip and it just made me miss you more! I saw your engagment announcement the other night. You two are going to be so happy together! Love you!!!